Thursday, October 8, 2009

4 month checkup!

Camryn May turned 4 months old this past Saturday! Most of my previous posts are pictures, this time I am going to bore you with words. I know a picture of Camryn is much cuter, but this will have to do!

Updates! Camryn is now 14.9 lbs. (75th) 24.5 inches (75th) and 50th for her head size. The doctor is very pleased with her growth! Camryn was super cooperative getting weighed and measured by the nurse and hamming it up in the waiting room with Mammam, Pop and I. (Troy's parents accompanied me to the Dr.'s office- as last time Camryn got shots she was a bit of a handful! It was so nice to have some moral support for Mommy too!) I love our pediatrician as he is such a people person and camryn warmed up to him fairly quickly (something she rarely does) He was SUPER IMPRESSED with her head control and strength and compared it to that of a 7-8 month old! He said we have an athlete on our hands--we're hopeful!:) The nurse came back in to do the shots- Camryn took them again like a champ and cried, but calmed down fairly quickly when Mommy scooped her up. We even saw a little smile before we left the room. We went home and Camryn was ready for a nap, and she ended up sleeping a good 2.5 hours!! Mam took some pictures of the experience for me (I am greatful!) but I will have to post them later!

Mommy also hit a milestone and left Camryn in the nursery this morning at MOPS (a mothers group at our church) Camryn didn't cry when I handed her over but Mommy did! I quickly whisked myself off to the bathroom to pull it together, clenched my pager that I was sure was going to go off at any second and headed for breakfast and a time of sharing at my Mom's table! I didn't get paged at all (it went from 9-11) and the girls said Camryn was the best! Imagine this...she sat and stared at all the other kids:) She got a little card that says, "Camryn was happy today and pooped"- that's her in a nutshell!

Our speaker and topic this morning at MOPS was how to instill in your children a heart for service. Once again I was teary thinking about how much my Mom did that for me- visiting an elderly friend, making meals for others, taking back carts, holding doors, and the list continues! God calls us to serve our fellow man and show his love. I only hope that I can do that for my own daughter! Thanks Mom for teaching me at a young age the importance of serving others!

Pictures of Camryn's visit to come!!